When installing Solid Hardwood floors, we take great pride in our process to ensure you get the highest quality floor possible. We have divided the job into a multiple stage process for you that outlines everything that will be done in your home throughout the job and a timeline as well to help clarify everything. Most jobs take about 21 days in all to complete, but some bigger or more complex jobs might take longer. We will be with you every step of the way to make sure you get any questions you have answered and the perfect floor for you.
- We deliver the solid wood floors to your home/business about a week before the job begins, so that it can acclimate to the conditions and temperature of the home.
- Tape and put plastic over cabinets, windows, appliances, openings, doors, and décor.
- Remove baseboards and shoe molding if necessary.
- Demo and remove current floors (tile, wood, carpet)
- Grind floors and remove sealant/adhesive if necessary.
- Sweep and vacuum everything off floors.
- Float and level all floors with Plani Patch to ensure new floors are level.
- Go over all floors to make sure they are clean and level.
- Lay plywood subfloor down on floors with felt over them.
- Lay floors down throughout areas that are being done.
- After all floors are laid down, we let acclimate for another week so there will be no problems with the floors.
- After we let the wood acclimate again, we start the sanding and buffing process. We hand scrape if necessary.
- Once that is completed, we stain the floor and allow the stain to dry before we start the sealing process.
- We put multiple coats of sealant on the floors to prevent damage to them.
- After all floors have been laid and finished, we reset the baseboards and install shoe molding if need be.
- Take down all tarps and covers.
- Wipe down floors and baseboards so everything is completely clean.
When the job is completed, we will do a walk through with the customer to go over any questions and make sure you are completely happy with your new floors.